Welcome to the Association for Childhood Education International. ACEI is a unique education membership association that focuses on global education issues. We invite you to review our membership categories and select the category most suitable for you.
Your membership helps ACEI to be a global voice for childhood education. ACEI serves as a resource, delivering education news and information to individuals, schools, and institutions worldwide. Without your membership support, our global outreach would not be possible.
OR download a pdf registration form to mail or fax here
Association for Childhood Education International
1101 16th St., N.W., Suite 300, Washington, D.C. 20036
800-423-3563 • FAX 202-372-9989
Why should I join ACEI?
Through ACEI you will have many opportunities to continue to learn and grow as an educator, network with colleagues throughout the world, and advocate for action on issues affecting the health, development and education of children worldwide.
How is ACEI different from other education associations?
A dynamic global community of educators, ACEI champions a rights-based approach to education for the world’s children and provides its members with the latest information on innovative best practices in childhood education.
Which membership level should I choose?
- Professional Plus membership is a recommended option for teacher educators, researchers, university professors, and other professionals seeking more in-depth resources and information.
- Professionalmembership is a popular membership option for teachers, teacher educators, education consultants, and other professionals currently working in the education sector.
- Basic membership allows an easy affiliation with ACEI through which individuals can receive communications about association activities, education news, and events. (In the United States, CDA candidates often choose to become Basic members.)
- Student membership is offered for undergraduate and graduate college students. (Upon graduation, student members are eligible for a one-year Professional membership at the Student member rate.)
- Retired membership is only offered to individuals who have been ACEI members for five years or more and are no longer employed in their professional career.
- “Center” membership is a group membership for child care programs, preschools, primary, or elementary schools. Each center or school receives one Professional membership for center directors and school administrators/leaders and five nontransferable Basic memberships for school staff or teachers.
- Organization membership allows various types of organizations, such as nongovernmental, community-based, associations, or foundations, to affiliate with ACEI in support of our mission enhancing childhood education and children’s rights worldwide. Members pledge to support ACEI’s Charter for Global Action in ways appropriate to their organization.
For more details on specific membership categories, click here.
You may select a one- or two-year membership in any category.
When does my membership start?
Membership becomes active as soon as ACEI receives payment. Membership confirmation usually arrives via mail within 2-3 weeks.
How can I become active in the organization?
ACEI encourages the formation of Network Groups to support member-to-member connections. From time to time, you may receive an email from us to ask if you would like to join an in person Network Group in your area or a virtual Network Group in your global region. For more information, click here.