Student Scholarship Award
1. Award Description
The Student Scholarship Award is given to students who have excelled academically and demonstrate outstanding attributes associated with scholarship. Students should also be able to show promise as emerging educators by describing their involvement in extracurricular and volunteer activities related to their professional goals. This scholarship is intended to help deserving ACEI students have the opportunity to develop and explore their professional goals by receiving financial assistance to attend an ACEI event.
2. Award Distribution
In addition to receiving a financial award to help defray the cost of attending an ACEI event, each student receives a complimentary conference registration. The number of awards provided depends on available annual funding. Scholarships are typically $300 USD.
Those submitting an application should be able to:
- Demonstrate remarkable achievement in academics
- Describe involvement in extracurricular activities and volunteer activities to highlight their promise as an emerging educator
- Describe professional goals.
Examples may include but are not limited to those below:
- Demonstrated academic excellence through publications and international presentations
- Excelled in conducting research to extend the knowledge base of education through doctorate work.
Those wishing to apply must:
- Be an ACEI member for at least 6 months
- Be a full-time enrolled undergraduate or graduate student in a degree program during the academic year, or an emerging educator in their first or second year of teaching
- Demonstrate strong academic achievement within the area of studies
- Demonstrate an interest in teaching professional education or pursuing a career within a related occupation that focuses on the education and well-being of children.
Students may only apply for one student scholarship, or grant, per year. For example, if you are applying for a Student Leadership Award, you cannot also apply for a Student Scholarship Award. The ACEI Board of Directors may not nominate individuals for this award.
7. Due Date
The deadline for nominations to be received by ACEI’s Headquarters Office is DECEMBER 1st.
The award is presented at an ACEI event. When possible, the awardee will be highlighted in ACEI publications or news.